RPCVLA offers financial support through the Jean Yamanaka Memorial Fund to currently serving Peace Corps Volunteers for projects in their host communities.
To be eligible, PCVs must be able to complete the project during their service or have a plan for another PCV to take over the project.
Preference will be given to projects that are community driven and meet a common need.
Please copy and paste the following list with responses in an email or as a Word attachment and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Yamanaka Fund Request” as the subject line (Please limit #1 – #7 to two pages).
- Volunteer name and name of program
- Contact information in country
- US hometown
- Connection to Los Angeles or RPCVLA (If any)
- Your COS date
- Project Title and Description
- The relevance of this project to the community’s needs
- How those needs were identified
- How you will implement the project
- Indicators of success for the project
- Names and positions of key community participants
- How the project will be maintained when you leave the community
- Number and description of project beneficiaries
- Total amount requested from RPCVLA Yamanaka Fund
- Total project cost (include a budget for your project)
- Community contribution (description of in-kind and/or financial)
- Other funding sources already committed or pending and amounts, if any
- Project Timeline
- Details on best method to transfer money to you
RPCVLA requires that successful applicants confirm receipt of monies as well as submit a Final Report before COS that includes a short description of the project, how grant monies were spent (including receipts), and relevant photos. Please email the Final Report to email@example.com.