Katherine Guevara—Ukraine 2005–2007 (teacher trainer in Donetsk)
10 Things You Don’t Know About Ukrainians
By Myrcia Makuch and Alla Dziuma
1. Ukrainians are very gracious hosts.
2. Ukrainians are superstitious. They were pagans before they became Christians.
3. Ukrainians think drafts and the cold cause most illnesses.
4. While Ukraine is a young country, Ukrainians have been around for thousands of years.
5. Ukrainians are bad at standing in line.
6. Ukrainians are tough.
7. Ukrainians are stubborn.
8. Ukraine has a summer, borders a sea, and has wonderful beaches!
9. Ukrainian women are really, really stunning.
10. It’s tough to overcome the surly Ukrainian exterior, but once you are in, you are in for life.
PC Ukraine Video
Peace Corps Ukraine VideoOn February 24, 2014 Peace Corps announced that it had evacuated 200 volunteers from Ukraine. In the video below, RPCV Alan Toth interviews returned Peace Corps Volunteers McKenzie Taylor and Jay Bagliere who were among those evacuated.Posh Corps Trailer
In addition, check out Alan’s documentary “Posh Corps,” which focuses on the lives of Peace Corps Volunteers in South Africa.
(Right) Matthew Sakow, PCV Burkina Faso, with his RPCVLA care package.
“He was so surprised and super thrilled! He is so grateful and extremely content with the contents of your amazing package. He could not believe your generosity. Wow! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.” —Royce Andrews, Burkina Faso
How it works:
Fill out the RPCV survey, we match you with a PCV, we send you their project, address, and care package wish list items.
To date, we have received around 270 PCV care package requests, and have been able to fill around 120 of those requests.
A Summer Tradition is Back! World Music Night At The Hollywood Bowl w/ Caetano Veloso. RPCVs, Friends, and Family Welcome! ARTISTS: Caetano Veloso Andrew Bird Devendra Banhart DJ Frosty Tom Schnabel, host ADDITIONAL INFO: Legendary[...]